Yemen VP hails army
Yemen's Vice President Abdu-Rabo Mansour Hadi said his country today is better off than ever before, referring to the country's survival of the "ordeal" of the Cold War era. According to SABA he made these remarks in an address at a ceremony of the Northwest Military Command on Eid Al-Fitr feast.
"I am joining your celebration of this jolly religious occasion," Hadi said, "to assert our interest in the armed forces which maintain security and stability for the nation." "Yemen today is better off than ever before. This after our country went through the ordeal of the Cold War."
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen’s President to undergo medical checks in Germany
- Yemen Vice President concludes Indonesia visit
- Yemeni president defends security cooperation with U.S., denounces terror plots
- Yemeni President Warns Those Trying to Undermine Internal Security
- Yemen's vice president visits in Ministry of Human Rights