Yemeni Army Shells Village in Land Dispute
Yemeni armed forces have shelled a village in the southern province of Taiz in a dispute over a plot of land, leaving casualties, local residents said Sunday.
Tribal leaders and residents of the village of Sabr, in a statement received by AFP, urged President Ali Abdullah Saleh to intervene "to halt the shelling which has left dead and wounded among the villagers".
The dispute pits two army officers against a villager claiming the same plot of land, they said, adding that the village was shelled on Friday and Saturday - SANAA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemeni Army Arrests Villagers after Violent Land Dispute
- Turkey fires on Kurdish region of Iraq
- Syrian army tells Lebanese villagers to flee
- Eight Killed Amid Cross-Border Shelling in Kashmir
- Residents pose for a photo before a full-size replica of the Great Sphinx of Giza in Donggou village in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei province on May 13, 2014. The structure is part of an outdoor film studio located in Donggou village and the statue h