Yemeni President Calls for Armed Struggle against Israel
Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh called Wednesday for an armed struggle against Israel and for weapons to be sent to Palestinian fighters to help them defend themselves.
Speaking in an interview with the Arabic channel MBC, he said: "The revolution of stones must change immediately into an armed struggle. I appeal for the armed struggle" against Israel.
"I call on them (Arabs) to supply the fighters of the Palestinian people with money and arms to enable them to defend themselves," Saleh added.
The Yemeni head of state had already called on October 7 for the opening of the Arab borders to allow for arms to be sent and people to fight for the Palestinian cause -- ADEN, Yemen (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen Calls for Arms and Men to be Sent to Aid Palestinians
- Yemeni President: We Will Provide the Palestinians the Necessary Weapens to Defend Themselves
- President Ali Saleh: Yemen Supports Hamas Operations
- Tunisia, Yemen Call for Arabs to Mobilize Resources for Palestinians
- Former Palestinian Security Chief says armed struggle was ''mistake''