Yemeni President Holds Talks with Saudi Interior Minister after Border Talks
Yemen's President Ali Abdullah Saleh held talks Sunday with visiting Saudi interior minister after officials of the two countries held talks on the application of their border agreement, reported the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
Saleh and Saudi minister Prince Nayef bin Abdel Aziz met in the western city of Taez after a meeting of a joint border commission, said the agency.
The two delegations to the border talks agreed to hold a fourth meeting in Riyadh, without setting a date, said SPA.
The countries signed an accord in June delineating their 1,350 kilometer (800-mile) border, putting to rest several decades of contention.
In late October, Saudi Arabia and Yemen chose the German firm Hansa Luftbild to mark the border, said AFP.
Relations between the two countries, hurt by Riyadh's accusation that Yemen supported Iraq in the 1991 Gulf conflict, have warmed since the signing of the agreement -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Interior Minister holds talks in Tunis with Arab Minister's Council head
- Yemen, Saudi Arabia to Hold Talks on New Border
- Oman’s Interior Minister receives Yemeni Official for talks
- Yemen interior minister, US ambassador hold talks
- Yemeni president meets Saudi assistant interior minister for Security affairs