Young Iranian Bandit Hanged for Murder
A young Iranian bandit, convicted of having stabbed to death his foreman, ended up hanging on the gallows Wednesday, reported the official Iranian news agency, IRNA.
The murderer, identifed as Hossein Qompoz, knifed to death his boss last year and was hospitalized for serious injuries he received. He was 26.
The death sentence imposed on Qompoz by a Tehran trial court was upheld by the Supreme Court.
This latest execution comes in the wake of an announcement made earlier by the head of the Tehran Criminal Court, Nasser Seraj, that the Supreme Court has upheld the death sentences imposed on some 100 convicted murderers, said IRNA – Albawaba.com
- Pakistan Seeks to Mitigate Iranian ‘Anxiety’ over Murder Acquittals
- Iranian Groom-to-Be Headed to The Gallows Instead
- Reyhaneh Jabbari's mother opens up about losing her daughter
- The scandal continues: more leaked emails emerge from Assad's sexy press adviser
- Daesh down under? The baffling rise of radicalization in Oz