Youssef Chahine is to be in Algeria from 9 to 13 December
The Egyptian film director Youssef Chahine will be present in Algeria for the release of the Algerian national première of his latest film, Alexandrie New York as reported in the Algerian newspaper, <i>La Tribune</i>, Tuesday, November 30.
Cirta-Films invited the director whose visit was extended to four days because of his health problems not allowing him to travel back and forth in a day. Fans are celebrating the fact that the popular director will spend longer in Algeria.
His welcome program is set to include representatives from the ministry of culture, ministry of foreign affairs and the French Embassy in Algeria. The exact location of the release will be either at Ibn Zeydoun or at Algeria Hall. Some technical issues are still being arranged, according to the newspaper, because the cinemas are aware that the director is perfectionist and demands the highest projection standards.
- Global: Algeria – Public Finance, Public Debt, Balance of Payment and Money Supply
- Algeria to build new cinema halls
- Take your pick of fun things to do in Egypt this week (22-29 December)!
- Close but no Oscar: 29 Egyptian movies that neared competing in Academy Awards
- German capital plays host to biggest and brightest in Arabian movie scene