Zara Gallery to hold exhibition of paintings by Saba Innab
Monday May 10, 2010
6:30 – 8:30 pm.
Exhibition runs till Monday May 31, 2010
Artist Saba Innab
Saba Innab is an artist and architect whose work is concerned with urbanism and processes of space production and re-production. Born in 1980, acquired a bachelor's degree in Architecture- Jordan University of Science and Technology- 2004. Her architectural practice in Amman- Jordan landed her recently in reconstruction of Nahr el Bared Camp. Saba's artistic practice is very much influenced by her architectural work and her examination of cities and places. In the past 7 years she has been part of regional and international exhibitions, art residencies and workshops.
In her new exhibition, Saba Innab moves us with a new experience of forms which seem familiar, yet equally unreasonable in configuration, reminding us of an architectural building in ruins, or of a dysfunctional internal structure of human civilizations, all based on something of an illusion.
Conversely, the artwork captures the richness of her paintings through their simplicity, yet the complexity of the details is coated by mystery. This combination takes one into the deep sub consciousness of humanity.
The Gallery can be visited Sunday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Zara Gallery hosts exhibition of paintings by Bader Mahasneh
- Zara Gallery cordially invites you to experience a moment in history
- Featuring the work of the Jordanian artist Lubna Kanaan in Zara Gallery's
- Euphoria at B_ASEMENT Gallery with paintings by Iranian artist Ali Akbar Sadeghi
- Houda Khalladi exhibition in Lawrence-Arnott Gallery