Zayed, Bouteflika Meet in Geneva for Talks on US Attacks, Mideast Conflict
UAE President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan met with his Algerian counterpart Abdul Aziz Bouteflika on Wednesday in Geneva, where they discussed the latest regional and global developments in the wake of the September 11 attacks on the US, reported the official Emirati news agency (WAM).
The two leaders also discussed international efforts to fight terrorism and the current situation in the Palestinian territories in light of the continued Israeli escalation, said the agency.
Nahyan left for Geneva on Sunday to undergo "routine" medical tests.
The sheikh has been president of the UAE since 1971, when the Arab country was established – Albawaba.com
- Zayed, Chirac Discuss Afghanistan, Mideast Conflicts
- Mideast Breakthrough in Wake of US Terror Attack
- Blair Meets with UAE’s Zayed in Geneva, Visits Oman to Rally Support
- Arafat Holds Talks with Jordan's King Abdullah on Mideast Conflict
- Abu Dhabi: Kerry meets with His Highness General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan