Zighi Bay Celebrates 2nd Anniversary
This month Six Senses Hideaway Zighi Bay is celebrating reaching its second anniversary.
Hosts from the luxury resort located in the beautiful Sultanate of Oman, gathered together to celebrate all the impressive achievements that Zighi Bay has had since it first opened in January 2008.
With two highly successful years of operation, the Zighi Bay team had a lot to celebrate. A birthday cake was presented by General Manager, Rochelle Kilgariff, to assembled hosts who all joined together to blow out the candles.
In its short history, Zighy Bay has been showered with awards and accolades and has wowed guests and the industry alike with its many remarkable accomplishments.
Commenting on Zighi Bay reaching the end of its second year, resort General Manager, Rochelle Kilgariff said: “We are all so proud to be celebrating Zighi Bay’s second anniversary this month. We have so many wonderful memories from the last two years, and we are really looking forward to welcoming many more guests from all over the world to Zighi Bay!”
‘This is a time for every single person who has worked at Zighi Bay over the course of the last two years to give themselves a huge pat on the back. The team are so enthusiastic and have played a huge part in making Zighi Bay what it is today.’
Guests staying at the luxurious Zighi Bay can take advantage of a special stay two nights but pay for only one offer.
The list of awards won by Zighi Bay since it opened is extensive, please see the list below:
• Winner : World Travel Awards 2009 (London) – World’s Leading New Resort
• Finalist : Luxury Travel Advisor Awards of Excellence 2009 (Las Vegas, USA) –
• Best Luxury Hotel/Resort in the Middle East (Listed in Top 3)
• Wine Spectator Award (USA) – Sense on the Edge - 2009
• Arabia Corporate Social Responsibility Award – Middle East Runner Up – October 2009
• Virtuoso – Best of Best Awards – Most Innovative Guest Experience Award 2009
• Best Environmental Hotel – Gold Award – Best of Best MENA Travel Awards 2009
• Best Fine Dining Restaurant “Sense on the Edge” – Silver Award – Best of Best MENA Travel Awards 2009
• AHIC Development Awards 2009 – Finalist – Best New Hotel in Middle East
• ‘Best Spa Design’ Award - Travel + Leisure USA 2009
• ‘12 Most Amazing Pools in the World’ - BootsnAll Travel 2009
• Grand Award for Enchanting Resorts 2009 : Special Mention’ & ‘Best Spa Award’ –
• Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report 2009
• Estidama Sustainability Award First Place - Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council 2008
• Condé Nast Traveler Hot List Hotels 2008 - Condé Nast Traveler USA
• ‘Number One in Amazing Arrival Experiences’ - Travel + Leisure 2008