Zurich International Life Limited awarded licence registration in Dubai International Financial Centre
Zurich International Life Limited announced today that it has been registered as an Ancillary Service Provider within the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), following confirmation from the Dubai Financial Services Authority. This complements and strengthens its existing licensed operations within the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
The new operation is an integral part of Zurich International Life’s desire to create two main administration hubs for Zurich International Life’s business, in the Isle of Man and Dubai, in order to give an even greater customer focus. It will be based on the 6th Floor of the East Wing of the Gate Building within the DIFC from early 2006.
The main advantages of this approach are:
• Between Dubai and the Isle of Man we can offer a wider spread of working hours and days to meet the needs of our customers;
• Closer in time zones to the bulk of our customers in the developing markets of the Middle and Far East.
For Zurich International Life Limited, a key attraction is that the DIFC, as well as being a major financial hub, has features specifically to cater for back-office operations, with a world-class IT infrastructure and access to a large pool of educated and skilled professionals. The registration as an “Ancillary Service Provider” is a category of licence specifically designed for back office locations.
Zurich will be retaining all its existing licences within the U.A.E and other countries within the region.
Note to Editors
ZIL offers life insurance, investment and protection solutions to companies, third country nationals and expatriates throughout the world. It addresses both individual and corporate customers and it is registered and authorised in the UK, UAE, Hong Kong, Bahrain, Sweden and most recently, Singapore.
With over 20 years experience, Zurich International Life, a business name of Zurich International Life Limited which is headquartered in the Isle of Man, is part of Zurich Financial Services group which is an insurance based financial services provider.
Founded in 1872, Zurich is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland has offices in more than 50 countries.
- Lloyds TSB Offshore Limited opens in the Dubai International Financial Centre
- es bankers (dubai) limited joins dubai international financial centre
- Kotak Securities Establishes Subsidiary in the Dubai International Financial Centre
- Bahrain International Insurance Centre building to be built
- Marsh granted first captive insurance management licence in Dubai