What an honor: Jamal Suliman to play the late Gamal Abdel Nasser in new TV series
Syrian actor Jamal Suliman will be the latest actor to portray the late Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser in a TV drama series.
In the past, significant actors who played the same role were veteran Egyptian actor Ahmed Zaki and Khaled Al Sawi. Abdel Nasser's shoes are certainly not easy to fill!
According to Laha Magazine, Jamal's “Nasser” role will be portrayed in the upcoming drama “Sadeeq Al Umur” (Lifelong Friend). The script was written by Mamdouh Al Laithi and the show will be directed by Uthman Abu Laban.
“Lifelong Friend” will follow Nasser and Field Marshall Abdel Hakim Amer's life. The drama will go into detail about the strong bond of friendship the two men had. Abdel Hakim will be played by actor Bassem Samrah.
Filming will begin in January, ready for airing in Ramadan 2014.
- Egyptian TV Honors Stars of Best Seller Series
- Nelly portrays the romances of the past in a new TV series
- Jamal will be Gamal, but not without a fight! "Lifelong Friend" has some enemies
- Move over boy: Jamal Suliman asks son's permission to change FB profile pic!
- Hold the phone, Jamal Suliman responds to rumors of his detainment in Egypt