Egyptian court sentences 126 Muslim Brotherhood members to jail
On Sunday, an Egyptian court sentenced 126 Muslim Brotherhood supporters to 10 years in prison for being members of a terrorist organization, Reuters reports.
The defendants chanted “down with military rule” as the Judge handed down the sentence. According to Reuters, the case was related to violence in the Nile Delta province.
The Muslim Brotherhood was recently designated as a terrorist organization by the Egyptian government. Since Morsi’s overthrow, the government has cracked down on individuals thought to be associated with the Brotherhood and have sentenced hundreds to death.
- 155 Muslim Brotherhood supporters sentenced to jail
- Egyptian court convicts dozens of dissidents
- Egyptian court acquits 4 police officers involved in protesters' deaths
- Egypt court sentences 683 more Muslim Brotherhood members to death
- Egypt court sentences top Muslim Brotherhood leaders to death, Badie included