Allah is not amused: Turkish man sentenced to jail for Allah Twitter handle
A Turkish teacher has been sentenced to 15 months in jail because his Twitter handle was interpreted as insulting to Islam and Allah.
The teacher Ertan P. went under the handle @CenabiAllah with the name Allah (c.c.). The "c.c" is an abbreviation of "Celle Celaluhu" which means, "[Allah's] glory is so almighty."
He was charged with "humiliating the religious values accepted by a part of the people" and writing content critical of the government under the name of God and the prophet.
He tried to claim that the posts were written after his account was hacked but the court did not accept his argument and found him guilty as charged.
- Prison for Kuwaiti man who insults the Prophet on Twitter
- You better do your homework, kids, or else you will be eating animal feed for lunch in this Egyptian school
- Sunni-Shia Twitter Wars: One Tweet Lands This Kuwaiti Seven Years in Prison
- The morning after the night before: Crazy Dubai party lands two in jail
- Soccer shocker in Saudi: Teacher football fanatic under fire