Let the star wars begin- Space is NOT the final frontier for Iran!
Iranian Space Agency has formulated a 10-year strategic plan which includes sending humans into space.
The plan was drawn up during the Sunday session of Iran’s comprehensive scientific roadmap committee.
Iranian Space Agency’s plan incorporates three main sections, including sending humans as well as telecommunications and remote sensing satellites into space.
On January 28, 2013, Iran sent a monkey, named Pishgam (Pioneer), into space aboard a home-made bio-capsule as a first step toward sending humans into space. Nevertheless, separate reports questioned the authenticity of the event.
In December 2013, Iran sent a second live monkey into space and returned it to the Earth safely aboard an indigenous bio-capsule.
Iran also plans to send other species into space in the future.
The Islamic Republic of Iran is one of the 24 founding members of the United Nations' Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space which was set up in 1959.
Iran´s news follows the United Arab Emirate´s announcement that it intends to send the first unmanned Arab spaceship to Mars in 2021.
- Xbox 360 launches biggest blockbuster games and entertainment
- Aiming for the stars: UAE plans first Arab spaceship to Mars in 7 years
- US vs. Iran: Is an attack inevitable?
- Iranian director Marjane Satrapi dishes on why she's done with film!
- A Kurdish state is being established, and Baghdad may accept it