Abadi says "there´s no place for armed groups outside state control"
"I confirm that weapons must remain in the hand of the state -- there is no place for any armed group," Abadi told a news conference.
Abadi added that while he welcomes irregular forces fighting against militants who have overrun swathes of the country, they "must all be inside the framework of the state, and under the direction of the state, under control of the military and security forces."
- Maybe there’s more going on between Israel and the PA than we thought
- Iraq: Sunni tribesmen in Anbar increasingly drawn to fight against Daesh
- More Mosques in Egypt Placed under State Control
- Obama plays the chemical weapons card, talks no-fly zone
- Jarba says opposition to receive advanced weapons, Kerry admits Assad "gaining" in Syria