24 oil discoveries in Libya
Libya announced that the oil companies made over the past year 24 new oil discoveries. Shukri Ghanem, head of the National Libyan Oil Corporation was quoted as saying that Libya obtained more than $ 18 billion in return for granting licenses to dozens of global companies to explore for oil in the Libyan territory.
He pointed out that the proceeds came through four rounds of involving 43 oil companies, which gained concessions to search for oil. Ghanem added that the current situation of the global oil market does not justify offering a new round of tenders.
Libyais the third largest producer of oil in Africa and is also a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries "OPEC". It produces 2 million barrels a day while its estimated reserves amount to 42 billion barrels.
- Could Saudi Arabia learn from Norway when it comes to oil?
- Be green and save money! Switching to solar power in Jordan could save 90% on electricity bills
- Turkey and Kurdistan as top black markets? The ISIS' 'secret' to making $2 million a day
- Adding fuel to the fire? Understanding Kurdistan's oil game
- Will the Gulf economies soon be thriving on a global shortage in oil?