EFC Group UAE Growth Continues with NDC Well Control contract
EFC Group has secured a contract with the Al Ghaith Group for National Drilling Company (NDC) Abu Dhabi worth £240,000 ( $370,000 USD), this sees the leading designer and manufactuer of Instrumentation, Monitoring, Control and Handling Systems secure over £1million worth of UAE contracts in the last 12months.
The Aberdeen-headquartered company has successufully completed work onboard NDC's Al Hail jack-up rig, supplying and installing High Pressure/High Temperature (HPHT) Monitoring System, part of the Choke and Kill Manifold upgrade for its Khuff drilling schedule.
Bob Will, EFC Group managing director stated: "This significant contract win continues to cement EFC as a niche supplier of bespoke systems for specialist areas such as Well Control. The UAE currently accounts for 18% of EFC orders and along with the rest of the middle east remains a key target market for EFC growth.
"EFC are keen to continue investment in this important market, we have a resident engineer based in Abu Dhabi supporting EFC's UAE clients, developing new business and building relationships."
Additional recent Middle East contract wins for EFC include work for two semi-subs: one ordered a Well Control Monitoring System, a key upgrade to its Choke Control system, assisting it to meet stringent international standards, and another which required a complete overhaul of its BOP Controls system, a particular area of EFC expertise.
Mr Will continues: "Another encouraging product area for the EFC Group in this region is its Integrated Marine Monitoring Systems (IMMS), a total of 6 IMMS Tank Gauging systems have been delivered to NDC operated drilling rigs and we see a growing client base for the supply of these systems. We will be using the ADIPEC 2010 Show to introduce our latest Group offering; Mechanical Handling Solutions, as well as addressing the emerging Well Control and HPHT market needs as Khuff drilling activity increases."
- One's catastrophe, another's celebration: Middle East's oil importing states benefiting lower oil prices
- Reading the signs behind plummeting oil prices: Saudi-led price war or simple supply and demand?
- Wishful thinking: is Saudi Arabia slowly, but maturely, winning the global oil price war against the US?
- It came much, much sooner than expected: a new era of oil abundance might just be in the making
- Not Iraq, not Iran: when it comes to oil rivalry Saudi Arabia's biggest contender is right next door