Hamas stops diesel fuel purchases from Israel
The Hamas government in Gaza Strip has stopped purchasing diesel fuel from Israel. The fuel was used to operate Gaza Strip's power station. For the past two weeks, the plant is running by diesel fuel, which was smuggled from Egypt through the tunnels along the Egyptian border in the Rafah area.
The Hamas authorities have bought the diesel so far from the Israeli company Dor Alon through the Palestinian Authority. However, sources in the Strip said the Hamas government decided to reduce its dependence on the Palestinian Authority.
- Does this spell the end for the tax haven dream? Crisis looms for the GCC as the rich Gulf could be in financial jeopardy
- Saudi Oil Chief spills! Shoots down conspiracy theories on oil prices
- Oil prices: the honeymoon is over
- Betting on the counterintuitive? Understanding Saudi Arabia's logic, or lack thereof, behind not cutting oil output
- Oil markets downward spiral 'unbriddled'