Hamas stops diesel fuel purchases from Israel
The Hamas government in Gaza Strip has stopped purchasing diesel fuel from Israel. The fuel was used to operate Gaza Strip's power station. For the past two weeks, the plant is running by diesel fuel, which was smuggled from Egypt through the tunnels along the Egyptian border in the Rafah area.
The Hamas authorities have bought the diesel so far from the Israeli company Dor Alon through the Palestinian Authority. However, sources in the Strip said the Hamas government decided to reduce its dependence on the Palestinian Authority.
- With everything at stake, OPEC keeps everyone guessing its next output move
- Libya's oil potential: down the drain?
- How jobs and skills will solve the GCC oil dependency issue
- Nothing lasts forever: how the oil price slmup will affect Lebanon
- The domino effect: oil price decline to dampen infrastructure in the GCC