Hamas stops diesel fuel purchases from Israel
The Hamas government in Gaza Strip has stopped purchasing diesel fuel from Israel. The fuel was used to operate Gaza Strip's power station. For the past two weeks, the plant is running by diesel fuel, which was smuggled from Egypt through the tunnels along the Egyptian border in the Rafah area.
The Hamas authorities have bought the diesel so far from the Israeli company Dor Alon through the Palestinian Authority. However, sources in the Strip said the Hamas government decided to reduce its dependence on the Palestinian Authority.
- UAE economy minister predicts a rise in oil prices
- Experts meet ahead of Saudi-Bahrain pipeline development
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Plummeting oil prices may drive diversification in the GCC
- Better together? More mergers foreseen after $70 billion Shell takeover of BG