Libya: New oil well found
The Libyan oil company announced that Zaytunia oil company, one of Libya's major oil companies, has discovered an oil well at Intisar (victory) field in eastern Libya, some 800 km east of the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan oil company said in a statement on its website that the company has discovered the well after drilling to a depth of 11.051 feet. The firm said: "The test result of the production from the well has shown a good evaluation and confirmed the presence of oil reserves, estimated at 62 million barrels of which recoverable oil is put at some 19 million barrels."
- Warmer winter, warmer state-society relationship? Jordanians brace themselves for 'substantially' lower fuel prices
- One's catastrophe, another's celebration: Middle East's oil importing states benefiting lower oil prices
- Reading the signs behind plummeting oil prices: Saudi-led price war or simple supply and demand?
- Wishful thinking: is Saudi Arabia slowly, but maturely, winning the global oil price war against the US?
- It came much, much sooner than expected: a new era of oil abundance might just be in the making