Libya: New oil well found
The Libyan oil company announced that Zaytunia oil company, one of Libya's major oil companies, has discovered an oil well at Intisar (victory) field in eastern Libya, some 800 km east of the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan oil company said in a statement on its website that the company has discovered the well after drilling to a depth of 11.051 feet. The firm said: "The test result of the production from the well has shown a good evaluation and confirmed the presence of oil reserves, estimated at 62 million barrels of which recoverable oil is put at some 19 million barrels."
- Could Saudi Arabia learn from Norway when it comes to oil?
- Be green and save money! Switching to solar power in Jordan could save 90% on electricity bills
- Turkey and Kurdistan as top black markets? The ISIS' 'secret' to making $2 million a day
- Adding fuel to the fire? Understanding Kurdistan's oil game
- Will the Gulf economies soon be thriving on a global shortage in oil?