Libya: New oil well found
The Libyan oil company announced that Zaytunia oil company, one of Libya's major oil companies, has discovered an oil well at Intisar (victory) field in eastern Libya, some 800 km east of the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan oil company said in a statement on its website that the company has discovered the well after drilling to a depth of 11.051 feet. The firm said: "The test result of the production from the well has shown a good evaluation and confirmed the presence of oil reserves, estimated at 62 million barrels of which recoverable oil is put at some 19 million barrels."
- Does this spell the end for the tax haven dream? Crisis looms for the GCC as the rich Gulf could be in financial jeopardy
- Saudi Oil Chief spills! Shoots down conspiracy theories on oil prices
- Oil prices: the honeymoon is over
- Betting on the counterintuitive? Understanding Saudi Arabia's logic, or lack thereof, behind not cutting oil output
- Oil markets downward spiral 'unbriddled'