Libya: New oil well found
The Libyan oil company announced that Zaytunia oil company, one of Libya's major oil companies, has discovered an oil well at Intisar (victory) field in eastern Libya, some 800 km east of the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan oil company said in a statement on its website that the company has discovered the well after drilling to a depth of 11.051 feet. The firm said: "The test result of the production from the well has shown a good evaluation and confirmed the presence of oil reserves, estimated at 62 million barrels of which recoverable oil is put at some 19 million barrels."
- UAE economy minister predicts a rise in oil prices
- Experts meet ahead of Saudi-Bahrain pipeline development
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Plummeting oil prices may drive diversification in the GCC
- Better together? More mergers foreseen after $70 billion Shell takeover of BG