Libya: New oil well found
The Libyan oil company announced that Zaytunia oil company, one of Libya's major oil companies, has discovered an oil well at Intisar (victory) field in eastern Libya, some 800 km east of the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan oil company said in a statement on its website that the company has discovered the well after drilling to a depth of 11.051 feet. The firm said: "The test result of the production from the well has shown a good evaluation and confirmed the presence of oil reserves, estimated at 62 million barrels of which recoverable oil is put at some 19 million barrels."
- Arab conspiracy theorists, be thrilled: the US pentagon has spent $8 trillion to guard Gulf oil and destabilize the Middle East
- Desperate for an economic makeover, Egypt signs historic oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Lebanon looks forward to liquefied natural gas to cut country's growing energy costs
- How Dubai Expo 2020 can benefit our planet and future generations
- Who will be the biggest losers after Iranian oil floods the market?