Libya: New oil well found
The Libyan oil company announced that Zaytunia oil company, one of Libya's major oil companies, has discovered an oil well at Intisar (victory) field in eastern Libya, some 800 km east of the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan oil company said in a statement on its website that the company has discovered the well after drilling to a depth of 11.051 feet. The firm said: "The test result of the production from the well has shown a good evaluation and confirmed the presence of oil reserves, estimated at 62 million barrels of which recoverable oil is put at some 19 million barrels."
- The pendulum is swinging? Falling oil prices shifts energy balance in favor of the West
- Saudi Arabia has picked the worst time possible to be building massive oil refineries
- Aiming to reduce dependency: an inside look into Jordan's attempts to increase domestic energy production
- Stuck up on oil: the GCC's lackluster diversification record
- Renewable energy: the way out of deep Egypt's economic troubles?