Libya: New oil well found
The Libyan oil company announced that Zaytunia oil company, one of Libya's major oil companies, has discovered an oil well at Intisar (victory) field in eastern Libya, some 800 km east of the capital Tripoli.
The Libyan oil company said in a statement on its website that the company has discovered the well after drilling to a depth of 11.051 feet. The firm said: "The test result of the production from the well has shown a good evaluation and confirmed the presence of oil reserves, estimated at 62 million barrels of which recoverable oil is put at some 19 million barrels."
- Passing on gas: Lebanon's gas auction postponed over and over again due to political deadlocks
- A defining moment has arrived: why demand for OPEC oil will never be the same
- What political 'sensitivity'? How Turkey, Cyprus, and Egypt are playing an intense round of tug of war over Israeli gas
- How a terminal is standing in the way of Egypt's ambitions to restore its gas industry
- A glimpse of normalcy: how the restarting of the El-Sharara oil reignited hope for the Libyan economy