Qatar: Prices of petroleum products go up
Qatar's Woqod Fuel has announced a hike in prices of petroleum products for the domestic market. The new prices of petroleum products will be as follows: Super 97 Octane QR 1.00 per liter, an increase of 25% and Excellent 90 octane QR0.85 per liter, an increase of 21.4% and diesel QR1 per liter, an increase of 43%. The new kerosene price amounts to QR0.8 per liter (QR3.7=US$1).
A Qatari source conveyed that the new prices are still lower than international prices and prices in some GCC countries, adding that these products enjoy considerable support from the government.
- How Dubai Expo 2020 can benefit our planet and future generations
- Who will be the biggest losers after Iranian oil floods the market?
- An inside view into Turkey's multibillion dollar deal with Kurdistan that is threatening to break up Iraq
- Do we have more oil refineries than we need?
- The future of the Middle East economy: will energy subsidies' short-term gains outweigh projected inefficiencies?