Qatar: Prices of petroleum products go up
Qatar's Woqod Fuel has announced a hike in prices of petroleum products for the domestic market. The new prices of petroleum products will be as follows: Super 97 Octane QR 1.00 per liter, an increase of 25% and Excellent 90 octane QR0.85 per liter, an increase of 21.4% and diesel QR1 per liter, an increase of 43%. The new kerosene price amounts to QR0.8 per liter (QR3.7=US$1).
A Qatari source conveyed that the new prices are still lower than international prices and prices in some GCC countries, adding that these products enjoy considerable support from the government.
- Underestimation or outright denial? Shale ‘euphoria’ deemed ‘pointless’ by some in the Gulf
- The 'oil curse' just became more real: how oil smuggling in financing the ISIS’ operations
- Why will Middle Eastern oil prices go up?
- Yemen and lifting energy subsidies: the great struggle
- Playing things safe: is China diversifying away from GCC oil imports?