Qatar: Prices of petroleum products go up
Qatar's Woqod Fuel has announced a hike in prices of petroleum products for the domestic market. The new prices of petroleum products will be as follows: Super 97 Octane QR 1.00 per liter, an increase of 25% and Excellent 90 octane QR0.85 per liter, an increase of 21.4% and diesel QR1 per liter, an increase of 43%. The new kerosene price amounts to QR0.8 per liter (QR3.7=US$1).
A Qatari source conveyed that the new prices are still lower than international prices and prices in some GCC countries, adding that these products enjoy considerable support from the government.
- The real 'crisis master': what will happen to Saudi oil now that Ali Al-Naiimi will stay in place?
- Why plunging oil prices are both good news and bad news for the Jordanian economy
- First it was the US and shale, but now, Saudi Arabia's toughest oil contender is emerging right next door
- Self-sabotage: Israel's fleeting natural gas revolution
- Saudis have a lot on their mind nowadays, but oil will always be their biggest worries