Qatar: Prices of petroleum products go up
Qatar's Woqod Fuel has announced a hike in prices of petroleum products for the domestic market. The new prices of petroleum products will be as follows: Super 97 Octane QR 1.00 per liter, an increase of 25% and Excellent 90 octane QR0.85 per liter, an increase of 21.4% and diesel QR1 per liter, an increase of 43%. The new kerosene price amounts to QR0.8 per liter (QR3.7=US$1).
A Qatari source conveyed that the new prices are still lower than international prices and prices in some GCC countries, adding that these products enjoy considerable support from the government.
- Will passing gas ease Israel's tensions with Egypt and Turkey?
- Turn off the lights: Egypt prepares for 25 percent fuel hike this summer
- How can the GCC's approach to the US shale boom be described? One word: insufficient
- Iran, six powers nuclear deal talks to resume in May
- Going once, twice, SOLD: International bidders could begin offshore gas drilling in Lebanon by 2015