Qatar: Prices of petroleum products go up
Qatar's Woqod Fuel has announced a hike in prices of petroleum products for the domestic market. The new prices of petroleum products will be as follows: Super 97 Octane QR 1.00 per liter, an increase of 25% and Excellent 90 octane QR0.85 per liter, an increase of 21.4% and diesel QR1 per liter, an increase of 43%. The new kerosene price amounts to QR0.8 per liter (QR3.7=US$1).
A Qatari source conveyed that the new prices are still lower than international prices and prices in some GCC countries, adding that these products enjoy considerable support from the government.
- King Abdullah's death and the 'fear premium' in Saudi oil markets
- Mixed signals: why King Abdullah's passing could not have come at a worse time for Saudi's oil sector
- Cheap oil: the antithesis of clean energy?
- Incentivized cooperation: will the oil price slide get the US to negotiate with OPEC?
- Saudi Arabia and UAE can last a while: why there isn't really an end in sight to the oil price plunge