Qatar: Prices of petroleum products go up
Qatar's Woqod Fuel has announced a hike in prices of petroleum products for the domestic market. The new prices of petroleum products will be as follows: Super 97 Octane QR 1.00 per liter, an increase of 25% and Excellent 90 octane QR0.85 per liter, an increase of 21.4% and diesel QR1 per liter, an increase of 43%. The new kerosene price amounts to QR0.8 per liter (QR3.7=US$1).
A Qatari source conveyed that the new prices are still lower than international prices and prices in some GCC countries, adding that these products enjoy considerable support from the government.
- Libya's oil potential: down the drain?
- How jobs and skills will solve the GCC oil dependency issue
- Nothing lasts forever: how the oil price slmup will affect Lebanon
- The domino effect: oil price decline to dampen infrastructure in the GCC
- To be taken with a grain of salt: conspiracy theorists have 'perfect' explanations for what's happening in the oil market