Qatar: Prices of petroleum products go up
Qatar's Woqod Fuel has announced a hike in prices of petroleum products for the domestic market. The new prices of petroleum products will be as follows: Super 97 Octane QR 1.00 per liter, an increase of 25% and Excellent 90 octane QR0.85 per liter, an increase of 21.4% and diesel QR1 per liter, an increase of 43%. The new kerosene price amounts to QR0.8 per liter (QR3.7=US$1).
A Qatari source conveyed that the new prices are still lower than international prices and prices in some GCC countries, adding that these products enjoy considerable support from the government.
- Salutation to the sun: Saudi solar investment to provide third of country's energy
- Burning the candle at both ends: Iraq's pressing energy crisis
- Are you in the know? The details on Egypt's energy restructuring plan
- Nuclear energy in the Middle East: a renewable menace?
- Will passing gas ease Israel's tensions with Egypt and Turkey?