Redline Wins Strategic Oil & Gas Contract in Sultanate of Oman
Redline Communications Group Inc. ("Redline") (TSX: RDL), a leading provider of specialized broadband wireless systems, today announced that it has signed a major contract to supply connectivity for a large digital oil field project in Oman.
Redline partnered with Oman Fiber Optic Co. S.A.O.G ("Oman Fiber"), a regional integrator who will coordinate the implementation of the system as well as provide project management, logistics, and human resource management for the deployment of SmartLink(TM). Oman Fiber was recently awarded a contract by Petroleum Development Oman LLC (PDO) for the replacement of PDO's wireless field communications network, and Oman Fiber selected Redline to be its broadband wireless supplier and technology partner for the project.
Redline's SmartLink(TM) involves the full bi-directional communication-integration between the corporate layer and the field layers for oil and gas fields. Data & information flow seamlessly both ways, providing a full picture of what's happening in the field and how it is impacting the finances of the oil field operator.
Redline's award-winning AN80i and newly released RDL-3000 products will be the cornerstone of a system that will connect over 5,000 well heads, rigs, semi-mobile units, and gathering stations, providing reliable and resilient data gathering from drilling units, remote stations and well heads. It will also support advanced services like video surveillance and will offer voice and wireless data services to mobile field maintenance crews.
"Oil fields are very complex operations, and Redline's products were unique in their ability to provide flexible coverage over a vast and inhospitable area. Their powerful solution allowed us to provide a robust and reliable industrial-grade offering" said Mr. Al Barashdy, Chief Executive Officer of Oman Fiber. "Also important was Redline's emphasis on software, which allows us to customize the system to meet a wide range of applications - from SCADA to video surveillance to office automation applications - with quality of service controls and a level of security that went well beyond what we expected."
Redline will be providing a mixture of their RDL-3000 and AN80i products running SmartLink(TM), its specialized software application to tune the system to meet the demands of a number of varied applications, and to add capacity and speed as the system grows to deliver secure high speed, low latency connectivity. The project starts immediately with the first product deliveries in Q4 2010 and is expected to roll out over the next 22 months.
"The needs of a sophisticated digital oil field are incredibly varied. Providing the optimal connections between people, machines and technology means that the system will operate efficiently and reliably" said Eric Melka, Redline's Chief Executive Officer. "We are pleased to be an integral component of this deployment, and we're honoured to have been chosen by Oman Fiber to participate by delivering the powerful performance, high reliability and versatility that our products are known for."
- Arab conspiracy theorists, be thrilled: the US pentagon has spent $8 trillion to guard Gulf oil and destabilize the Middle East
- Desperate for an economic makeover, Egypt signs historic oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Lebanon looks forward to liquefied natural gas to cut country's growing energy costs
- How Dubai Expo 2020 can benefit our planet and future generations
- Who will be the biggest losers after Iranian oil floods the market?
- Oman Mobile deploys Cisco’s IP communications system for data, voice and mobility
- Siemens wins $19.3 million contract in Oman
- Oman LNG awards Oracle HR project to Imtac
- Omani Ministry of Education partners with Cisco Systems to study implementation of second phase of wireless networks in the Sultanate
- General Dynamics to provide telecom network for Saudi Aramco