Nishikori crashes out of French Open
Nishikori, coached by 1989 French Open champion Michael Chang, was playing for the first time since quitting the Madrid Masters final against Rafael Nadal with a crippling back injury.
According to Sport24, Nishikori struggled through damp, cold conditions at Court One against Slovakia's Martin Klizan and he was broken 10 times, hit 10 double faults and committed 40 unforced errors to ultimately lose 7-6 (7/4), 6-1, 6-2.
Klizan, the 2006 junior champion, will face Robin Haase of the Netherlands for a place in the last 32, the report added. (ANI)
- Nadal set to meet Nishikori in Madrid Open final
- US Open: Nishikori becomes 1st Japanese to reach Grand Slam semi post Wawrinka win
- Nadal wins Madrid Masters
- Nadal's French Open rivals feel Spaniard could be on way to ninth clay-court title
- Wawrinka crashes out of French Open following first-round defeat