Hamas blames Egypt for death of four Palestinians in tunnel
Hamas police accused Egyptian security forces of killing four smugglers from the Gaza Strip and wounding three others on Wednesday by blowing up their cross-border tunnel. Setting off a bomb underground, Egyptian security forces collapsed a tunnel in which seven smugglers were working on Wednesday, a Palestinian police official said, according to Reuters. Three died of smoke inhalation and a fourth from flying debris.
The other three tunnellers were admitted with injuries to a hospital in Rafah.
- Channel Freight Traffic Resuming after Migrants Invade Tunnel
- Israel blames Hamas for civilian deaths, says time not right for truce
- Gaza Strip: Four Hamas men wounded as Egypt locates two tunnels
- Five Palestinians die as Egypt destroys tunnel
- Palestinian dies in tunnel blast as more Hamas-Fatah incidents reported