Hamas blames Egypt for death of four Palestinians in tunnel
Hamas police accused Egyptian security forces of killing four smugglers from the Gaza Strip and wounding three others on Wednesday by blowing up their cross-border tunnel. Setting off a bomb underground, Egyptian security forces collapsed a tunnel in which seven smugglers were working on Wednesday, a Palestinian police official said, according to Reuters. Three died of smoke inhalation and a fourth from flying debris.
The other three tunnellers were admitted with injuries to a hospital in Rafah.
- Gaza Strip: Five Palestinians dead as tunnel collapsed
- Palestinian Security Uncover Tunnel between Gaza and Egypt
- Two Palestinians die in tunnel collapse as another one injured by Israeli fire
- Two Palestinians die in tunnel blast as PA forces raid Hamas building in W. Bank
- Egypt arrests suspected smugglers near Gaza border