Persil donates part of 2010 profits to train GCC women in tailoring Thobes
Persil Liquid Detergent for White Thobes, a world-class innovation from the world's first self-acting laundry detergent in the world, Persil, today announced that it is donating part of its 2010 profits to be allocated for training women across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in tailoring Thobes.
The move reinforces Persil Liquid Detergent for White Thobes's commitment to the GCC society and will go a long way in creating more jobs for women in the region. The training, associated with Nafisa Shams Academy for Arts and Crafts, part of Bab Rizk Jameel which includes Abdul Latif Jameel Community Services Programs, also paves the way in creating vital indigenous skill sets in tailoring Thobes.
With the training programs, Persil Liquid Detergent for White Thobes would help create more jobs for women in KSA and across the GCC.
"This is a long-term solution to help women across Saudi Arabia and the GCC shape their future by learning to tailor White Thobes and earn a livelihood. By donating funds and supporting this initiative, we are also encouraging other companies & individuals to come forward and support the cause they like or the cause they see might fit their organization even with a little amount. Drops like these make an ocean," said Abdul-Aziz Elyas, Senior Brand Manager at Henkel Arabia.
He added:"Henkel, Persil's manufacturing company, proved that it could be successful from the financial perspective when providing help on both the social and economic levels. We are confident that this training program will play a vital role in building capabilities and helping women in the GCC in getting jobs and earning a livelihood. Best ideas are the ones that are beneficial to all parties."
The Persil Liquid Detergent for White Thobes – the first liquid detergent for Arab men – has already made a mark with this innovative product, which gives the brightest White Thobes wash after wash because of its unique German Opti-Brite technology.
The Persil Liquid Detergent for White Thobes has revolutionized men's laundry, fulfilling their needs in an effective manner and offering the most convenient, simplified laundry experience ever. It is also suitable for all white garments. Ever since its launch in the market in January 2010, the products have achieving an impressive increase in consumer demand month-on-month.
- Lebanon's smokin' economy: why Beirut is allocating $39 million this year for cigarette production
- Google's not happy with the ME's online business performance
- How the healthcare industry and populace can get the most from healthcare
- Delusion or reality? The new kind of 'industrial revolution' awaiting the Gulg
- Why the Middle East must invest its future in manufacturing AND innovation
- Persil Gel reaches out to consumers
- Henkel Arabia launches new innovative products for households across the GCC
- Splash launches diffusion line of Thobes
- Siemens launches iDos, the world’s first washing machine with integrated dosing system
- Samsung revolutionizes laundry care with superior performance and style