Plastic industry gains pace after recession
The global consumption of plastics is expected to reach 297.5 million tonnes by 2015 according to a new report by Global Industry Analysts(GIA).
The research report titled Plastics: A Global Outlook announced by Global Industry Analysts Inc. provides a collection of statistical anecdotes market briefs and concise summaries of research findings. The demand for plastic and plastic materials is rising with recovering economic conditions and resurgence across most end use markets. However the complete decline of the real estate housing and construction industry crumbling consumer confidence rising unemployment levels reduced household wealth during the time of recession adversely effected the plastic industry.
Plastic industry is slowly gathering its pace with increased use of plastics in different fields like building and infrastructure transport automotive rail defence telecommunication etc. The continuous shift of production bases to low cost Asian countries increasing foreign investments new manufacturing establishments enabled Asia Pacific to be the prime driver in the growth of plastic industry.
Globalization urbanisation demand for durable products and the growing demand from the auto mobile mining chemical construction and agricultural industries helped the markets specifically in India and China. Packaging sector use widely in healthcare and personal care products and packaged foods and beverages market are the major consumers of plastics. Bioplastic demand is on the rise and is expected to grow owing to novel applications in the packaging industry.
- An exercise in futility? UAE and Egypt bond over 'nonsensically' growing wheat in the desert
- Not getting off their back, yet: why activists still skeptical of GCC's band aid labour reforms
- Growing resentment? Syria's halt of Lebanese agricultural imports a 'disastrous' move
- The blessing in disguise? How sanctions have created a potentially powerful role for Iran's local automative industry
- Does the halal industry really understand what cross contamination is?
- Euro Zone GDP to Confirm Economy Shrank at Record Pace in First Quarter (Euro Open)
- Global aerospace & defense industry needs to adapt to slow post-recession economic growth according to AlixPartners Study
- U.K. Recession is Likely, Says Confederation of British Industry
- Petrol to plastics: Bagging the future