Drilling at Libya’s NC-100 oil block by the Turkish Petroleum Overseas Company (TPOC) - ONGC Videsh (OVL) consortium commenced earlier this month.
Spudding of the well is considered to be an important milestone after successful completion of seismic campaign of 2D and 3D data acquisition. Pre-drill 3D seismic studies carried out jointly by TPOC – OVL team has enhanced the understanding of existing plays in the block and identifying the drilling location.
India’s OVL holds a 49 percent stake exploration blocks NC188 and NC 189 in Libya where the remaining 51 percent is held by TPOC. The blocks, located in Libya’s Sirte and Ghadames Basins measure 1,200 and 6,600 kilometers respectively. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com )