Emirates and Etihad issue rebooking conditions for travellers affected by disruptions due to Hurricane Irene for East Coast airports. Those traveling from the Gulf or Arab world, planning to spend the Eid period on the East coast U.S. - say New York- will have to have plan Bs.
According to the latest updates on Emirate’s website, Emirates has listed the following rebooking conditions for travellers:
The following options are available to EK passengers who have already been ticketed to travel on/after 26 August 11 to/from New York or to/from points beyond via NYC and who may be affected by disruptions to EK and/or other airline (OAL) flights due to hurricane Irene:
- Rebooking, re-issue and cancellation charges shall be waived for passengers ticketed to travel up to 7 days from the date of this release.
- Rebooking shall be made onto an available Emirates and/or original OAL flight to the same destination for travel within a 7 day period after the scheduled departure time of the original flight and in the same booking class.
- This will be at no additional cost to the passenger and if required, the validity of the ticket may be extended.
- Rebooking shall also be permitted for the return journey within a 7 day period after the original flight date and in the same booking class and at no additional cost to the passenger. If required the validity of the ticket may be extended.
- Passengers who wish to cancel their trips may have their remaining coupons exchanged for a MCO (travel voucher) for future travel on Emirates or refunded for the reassessed value of the remaining portion of the flight itinerary. MCO for future travel on Emirates will be valid for one year from date of issue.
- Re-routing/endorsements onto other airlines is not permitted.
The options as outlined above are; however, not available to passengers travelling on tickets issued as a part of an inclusive tour by a tour operator or travel agent. Such passengers should be requested to contact their respective tour operator or travel agent for reissue or cancellation.
By Shweta Jain
© Al Nisr Publishing LLC 2011. All rights reserved.