A survey about social networking  was conducted in Saudi Arabia, specifically probing the increasing tides of spinsterhood. Single Saudi 'Misses'  are flocking to social networking sites includingTwitter, Facebook and Linkedln , but above all they vie to get a 'handle' on Twittter, in the hopes of finding their so called “Romeo's”.
Saudi Arabia's Al-Watan Newspaper conducted a survey on a number of Saudi women  who personally embarked on this exciting journey to meet their soul-mates on-line. Some surveyed shared that they were impressed by and drawn to the guys' intriguing personalities and style of thinking. Others admitted they couldn't wait to be shot of their dodgy choice, because their 'special' guy had turned out to be a Don Juan  who had many other side dishes to distract him.
The newspaper quoted Laila who volunteered, “I liked some of the guys' calmness, way of thinking and classy behavior but each attempt got scuppered by circumstances preventing the relationship going further than just an online dating session”.
The survey was done on 6100 Saudi women from different age groups . 87% of the respondents said they use Twitter , while 41% stuck to Facebook. It was also noted that 41% of them spend an average of 2-3 hours on these sites daily, 71% of these net-suitors being male while the remaining 29% of the date-scouters are females.
The Saudi Mufti Sheik Abdul Aziz Bin Abdullah Al-Sheik noted that there was an increase in the percentage of spinsterhood  in the Saudi community: “It's a harbinger of evil misfortune,"he added "it raises alarm and a makes a swift solution imperative for this atrocious issue”.
A recent study showed that the number of female spinsters in Saudi Arabia will rise from 1.5 million to 5 million in the next 5 years. But thanks to these online dating sites all of you singles still have a chance to find that special someone that we feel we can make a loving home and family with.
So, jump on board single gals to the Twitter Train! The ride might be jolty with (station) stops and starts, but it may just be worth it. Good luck in finding your Mr. Right!Share your thoughts with us: Do you think Online Dating will eventually lead to serious matrimony or is it just a waste of time?