US singer Anastacia on Thursday revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer for a second time, forcing her to cancel her March 30 concert at the Dubai World Cup and her European tour .
“I feel so awful to be letting down all my amazing fans  who were looking forward to ‘It’s A Man’s World Tour’. It just breaks my heart to disappoint them” she said in a statement. Her European tour, also cancelled, was due to start on April 6.
The “I’m Outta Love” singer had been in remission for breast cancer for ten years.
Meydan And Dubai World Cup  wished her a safe recovery. “Due to unfortunate circumstances, Anastacia has regrettably been forced to postpone her global tour (of US and Europe) including her special appearance at Dubai World Cup. Meydan and the organisers of the Dubai World Cup wish Anastacia the best of health and a safe recovery, and we hope to welcome her back to Dubai soon.”
The 44-year-old, born Anastacia Lyn Newkirk, is working on a new album, and will continue the writing and recording despite her diagnosis, her management said, with plans to schedule a new tour as soon as possible.
“Now more than ever, she is determined to live by her motto, ‘Don’t ever let cancer get the Best of You!’,” the statement added. “
A born survivor, Anastacia has one goal and that is to make a full recovery with the support of her family, friends and everyone around her. Please respect her need for privacy during such a trying time.”
By Natalie Long, tabloid! Editor