The French Cultural Center is planning a festival called Cairo Through the Eyes of the Cinema, under the chairmanship of artist Noor Al Sharif.
The festival will be inaugurated in Cairo on Sunday evening, kicking off with several films by the Lumpier brothers, who discovered the cinema art. A screening of the film Alhubb Fawka Hadhabat Alharam (Love Over the Pyramid Plateau) directed by Atef Attayyeb and costarring Ahmed Zaki, Athar Al Hakim and Ahmed Rateb will follow.
According to the Egyptian daily Al Ahram, the following films will be screened at the festival through the end of this month:
- Alharrif (Professional) directed by Mohammed Khan and costarring Adel Imam and Ferdous Abdel Hamid.
- Aljua’ (Hunger) directed by Ali Bader Khan and costarring Suad Hosni, Mahmoud Abdel Aziz and yusra.
- The documentary film “Alkahera Minawerah Biahlaha” (Cairo is Illuminated With its People) directed by Yosef Shahin.
- Al Madinah (The City) directed by Badri Nasrallah and starring Basem Alsamrah.
- Lilhubb Qissah Akhira (Love Has a Last Story) directed by Raafat Al Mihi and costarring Yahya Al Fakhrani and Maali Zayed.
- Laih Ya Banafseg (Why Violet?) directed by Radwan Al Kashef and costarring Farouk Al Fishawi, Lucy and Najah Al Mouji.
- Yawm Hilo, Yawm Murr (Sweet Day, Bitter Day) directed by Khairy Bishara and costarring Faten Hamamah, Mohammed Munir and Abla Kamel.
- Al Futuwwah (Bully) directed by Salah Abu Saif and costarring Farid shawki, Zaki Rustom and Tahiyyah Karyoka.
- Ureedu Hallan (I Want a Solution) directed by Said Marzouk and costarring Faten Hamamah and Rushdi Abaza - Albawaba.com