HP today announced a comprehensive support solution that enables clients running business-critical applications on virtualized HP ProLiant servers  to improve performance and availability while reducing costs and complexity.
The new HP Critical Advantage  service provides clients with an assigned account team to deliver support and maintain uptime of business-critical, virtualized environments. Account teams focus on problem resolution and process improvement, which enables clients to redirect staff resources toward innovation.
“As enterprises virtualize their industry standards-based environments to control costs and gain flexibility, they are realizing the vast complexities the technology can introduce,” said Wassim Al Baroudi, Country Technology Services Manager, HP Saudi Arabia. “End-to-end support services such as HP Critical Advantage can improve availability and reduce downtime of business-critical applications so that clients can fully realize the potential of virtualization.”
Innovative approach reduces risk of downtime, expands client choice
HP Critical Advantage is the first comprehensive service offering from a major technology vendor that delivers support for business-critical applications in virtualized x86 environments. As more organizations implement business-critical applications on virtualized x86 servers, the need to avoid unplanned downtime while accelerating performance has increased. HP Critical Advantage services maintain clients’ uptime by offering support levels based on needs and budget.
- The HP Global Mission Critical Solution Center reduces frequency and duration of outages by providing rapid reactive support and incident resolution for complex business-critical environments.
- A defined set of proactive services based on industry best practices for change management and process improvement helps prevent unplanned downtime by anticipating potential issues.
- Flexible credits provide a range of services suitable for clients’ needs. Credits accumulate with the amount of HP Critical Advantage purchased.
HP Critical Advantage Flexible Proactive Services include:
- Performance & Capacity Analysis for Virtual Environments guides clients on virtualization capacity planning to align performance with business demands.
- Virtualization Readiness Workshop for Critical Applications provides infrastructure planning and assessment that help clients quickly achieve virtualization’s benefits while mitigating potential risks.
- Availability Analysis in Virtual Environments improves efficiency and maintains uptime by optimizing virtualized environments.
Pricing and availability
With mission-critical support for virtualized HP ProLiant servers, HP Critical Advantage services advance clients toward an HP Converged Infrastructure , a key foundation of an Instant-On Enterprise . In a world of continuous connectivity, the Instant-On Enterprise embeds technology in everything it does to serve customers, employees, partners and citizens with whatever they need, instantly.