Israeli troops killed ten Palestinians in the West bank and Gaza Strip on Sunday.
Six Palestinians were killed and seven others injured during Israeli raids that started before dawn Sunday in the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanoun, Palestinain sources said.
The dead included three Palestinian policemen, Palestinian security officials said. An Israeli soldier was also wounded.
In addition, Israeli troops shot and killed a Palestinian in an exchange of gunfire near the Netzarim settlement in the Gaza Strip overnight Sunday. Troops fired overnight at two Palestinians who approached Netzarim, and one corpse was found Sunday morning. Troops later killed a 15-year-old in a Khan Yunis playground, Palestinian medical officials and witnesses said.
The Beit Hanoun aggression was ordered by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, in response to last week's firing of Qassam rockets from the area at the Israeli town of Sderot. Sunday's raid of Beit Hanoun began at about 2345 GMT Saturday. Two dozen tanks and two bulldozers, backed by three attack helicopters, entered the town from two directions. Israeli forces searched homes and the municipality, using dogs, witnesses said.
Israeli occupation troops demolished a Palestinian house in an explosion that killed Ahmed Afuna, 15, and caused damage to neighboring houses. The two other Palestinians killed were Mahmoud Hawila, 27, and Muhammed Kahalot, 22.
In the old city of Nablus, Sunday marked the fifth day of continued Israeli operations. Palestinian sources reported that four residents were wounded in clashes.
In addition, Nasser Jaara, 14, who was wounded by Israeli gunfire on Saturday, died of his wounds on Sunday. Another Palestinian, from Tulkarem, was killed Sunday, by Israeli fire.
Meanwhile, an Israeli soldier was shot and killed Sunday morning, when Palestinians opened fire at an army position in the southern Gaza Strip. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com )