Security forces took dozens of Yemeni port workers in for questioning after a blast ripped a hole in a US destroyer killing 17 sailors, witnesses and sources said Sunday, reported (AFP)
However they began freeing them on Saturday and most of the employees had been released by Sunday evening, said the sources, who asked not to be named.
Witnesses said the suspects also include people who had been near the port when the blast occurred on the vessel in Aden bay on Thursday.
Meanwhile a security source denied Sunday there had been any arrests of Yemenis in the aftermath of Thursday's explosion.
President Ali Abdullah Saleh said he was convinced the explosion was not a terror attack.
The United States has flown dozens of agents into Aden to investigate the causes of the blast after US officials strongly suspected a suicide bombing – (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com )