The director general of Israel’s Homefront Security Ministry  has stepped down over dispute with the Ministry of Military Affairs that he says has left his ministry paralyzed.
Dan Ronen tendered his resignation  Tuesday in a letter he sent to Homefront Security Minister Gilad Erdan, in which he explained that the ministry does not have the necessary tools to successfully discharge its responsibilities.
“The ministry was founded unprofessionally in 2011 without a leg to stand on,” he fumed in his letter of resignation.
"I came to this position with motivation and readiness to contribute from my experience... but to my sorrow, I cannot continue to accept this situation, in the absence of a clear definition of authority and responsibility," Ronen further stated.
"In recent months, I've seen how critical it is to prepare the Israeli homefront for emergency situations like an American attack in Syria, earthquakes, snow, and more," he continued.
"I have no doubt that Israel requires an independent ministry with full authority and a full time minister, who will deal with preparations and management of the home front during an emergency, and not a ministry that will be subordinate” to the Ministry of Military Affairs, Ronen wrote.
There has been extensive bickering  between the Israeli Homefront Security Ministry and Ministry of Military Affairs, with the former urging the Tel Aviv regime to grant it the responsibility and authority to enhance civil defenses.
Erdan had previously accused Minister of Military Affair Moshe Yaalon of deliberately withholding funds.
Yaalon said in January that “The Ministry of Homefront Security  is a waste of public money and nothing good would come out of it.”