According to a royal decree issued on Monday, the Jordanian prime Minister Ali Abu al-Ragheb formed a new Jordanian government. The new cabinet includes 28 ministers. New changes include:
- The deputy Premier and Minister of Justice - Fares al Nabulsi - remained in his post
- Mohammad al Halaykah has been appointed as Deputy PM and Minister of State for Administrative Development Affairs.
- Journalist Nabil al Sharif has been appointed as Minister of Information
- The Information Minister in the outgoing government - Mohammad Adwan - has been appointed as Minister of State for political affairs, which he was also holding in the former government in addition to the Ministry of Information.
- Samer al Tawil has been appointed as Minister of Tourism
- A former Minister of Culture in Kabariti’s Government - Samir al Habashneh - has been appointed as Minister of Interior.
- Mohammad Abu Hammour - who was secretary general at the ministry of Finance - has been appointed as Minister of Commerce and Industry.
- Hisham al Gharaybeh - who was the vice president of Yarmouk University - has been appointed as Minister of Environment (new portfolio).
- Hakem al Qadi, a new face in the government, has been appointed as Minister of Health.
- Tawfiq Kraishan has been appointed as Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs.
- Abed Shakhanbeh has been appointed as Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs.
The prime minister and the ministers took their oath before King Abdullah II.
A royal decree was issued Sunday on accepting the resignation and assigning for forming the new government. (Albawaba.com)