Turkey has dismissed as "false" a report published Monday by a media outlet about the first victim of swine flu in the country. According to the report by CNN Turk, which was not officially confirmed, the patient has died at a local hospital in the province of Antalya, which is located in southern Turkey.
The victim was treated at the Akdeniz Hospital after suffering from symptoms caused by the strain, the report said.
However, the hospital managing director rejected the link between the death and the swine flu.
Last week, the Turkish Health Ministry has said it had taken measures to combat the spread of the swine flu virus in the country. A Turkish health official said that passengers arriving from Mexico and Spain were screened at Turkey's international airports (İstanbul Atatürk and Ankara Esenboğa).