The United States has not cut off aid to Egypt, a White House spokesman said Tuesday in a press briefing. "That review has not concluded and ... published reports to the contrary that assistance to Egypt has been cut off are not accurate," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters, referring to extensive media reports that the US had halted military aid to Egypt, following the military government's crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood. The aid, while not stopped, was however under review.""Assistance is provided episodically. Assistance is provided in tranches," Earnest said.
Mr Earnest added that the United States was critical of Egypt's arrest of Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie, earlier on Tuesday.