American tennis ace Serena Williams retained the top spot in the women's tennis rankings issued by WTA on Monday, while Serbia's Ana Ivanovic returned to the top 10 in ninth spot.
Williams defeated Ivanovic 6-4, 6-1 for the 62nd title of her career at the Cincinnati Masters on Sunday to retain her position, as the Serb moved up to the ninth place, Sport24 repoted.
Williams stays well clear at the number one position with 9,430 points, ahead of Romania's Simona Halep (6,750) and China's Li Na (6,170).
WTA top 10 women tennis players as of August 18 are:
1. Serena Williams (9,430 points)
2. Simona Halep (6,750 points)
3. Li Na (6,170 points)
4. Petra Kvitova (5,806 points)
5. Agnieszka Radwanska (5,590 points)
6. Maria Sharapova (5,335 points)
7. Angelique Kerber (4,550 points)
8. Eugenie Bouchard (4,368 points)
9. Ana Ivanovic (4,065 points)
10. Jelena Jankovic (3,695 points) (ANI )