RAK Ruler presents RAK Award for Creativity and Excellence
H.H. Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, presented the seventh annual RAK Award for Creativity and Excellence to outstanding students, distinguished teachers and administrative staff at a function held at the Cultural Centre here yesterday evening.
The RAK Award for Creativity and Excellence has been instituted by the Government of RAK to promote and honour excellence in education.
The award ceremony was attended by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah, H.E. Sheikh Faisal bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Chairman of RAK Finance Department and Head of the Board of Trustees of RAK Award for Creativity and Excellence and H.E. Humaid Mohammed Al Qatami, UAE Minister of Education.
Speaking at the function, Sheikh Saud said that education is the fundamental pillar for national development and called upon the students to seize the opportunity and make full use of the facilities available to them.
“Education has an increasingly important role in the country’s ability for accumulation of human capital which is so vital for economic growth and social progress, especially in the knowledge based- era that we live in. The UAE government led by President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has accorded top priority for education in order to strengthen the country’s human resources.”, he added.
Sheikh Saud said that outstanding students represent a promising future for their family and the community and help in creating a generation capable of facing the challenges of the future. He congratulated the students and other winners who have made remarkable contributions for achieving excellence in the emirate’s education sector.
As many as 127 awardees, including 119 outstanding students from various schools in the emirate, were presented with the awards across nine categories. Special awards were presented to four retired education department officials who made pioneering contributions for development of the sector. The award categories also included the newly introduced award for encouraging book reading among students.
Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim Mansoor, General Secretary of the Award Board, said that the RAK Award programme has drawn up a scholarship programme with the support of various companies and firms in the emirate. He added that the Award programme has also invited entries to a novel competition called `Ideas Lab’ aimed to encourage creative thinking among students.
Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Kayed Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Ittihad University, Sheikh Mohammed bin Kayed Al Qasimi, Vice Chairman of the RAK Department for Economic Development, Abdullah Hammad Al Shehhi, Director of RAK Education Zone, and a number of dignitaries were present at the function.
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa
- An unreadable reality: 21 million children in ME may 'miss education'
- Not giving in: Saudi women increasingly demand higher positions
- Sheikh Saud honours top scorers in the General Secondary School Certificate examination
- Sixth Arab Chemistry Olympiad starts off in RAK
- RAK Ceramics scoops website golden prize at 7th UAE Excellence Awards
- Sheikh Saud honours winners of Sheikh Saqr Government Excellence Awards 2009
- rak ftz wins an int’l award as the “best emerging free zone”