Yemeni soldier shot dead in south
A Yemeni soldier died and four other people were hurt on Thursday in an attack on a military vehicle in the southern province of Daleh. Members of the separatist "movement destroyed a military vehicle in the Al-Malah district of Daleh. One soldier was killed and four other people wounded, among them soldiers," a provincial official was quoted as saying by AFP.
It was the first fire incident in the south since President Ali Abdullah Saleh last week offered an amnesty to dissidents in the formerly independent region. Following that move, authorities on Monday freed 98 people jailed during previous unrest in the south in an attempt to calm the region.
- Yemen: Over 40 dead, scores wounded in stampede during election rally
- Four Yemeni soldiers killed by unidentified gunmen
- One Dead, Four Soldiers Wounded in South Yemen
- Bloody day in Iraq: Over 100 killed in two explosions south of Baghdad as US soldier shot dead
- 1,000 Students Protest in Troubled Yemeni Town