Bawabat Al Sharq Mall on track With 85% Completion
Baniyas Investment and Development Company (BID) – the investment arm of Baniyas Sports Club – announced that works on Bawabat Al Sharq Mall, the state of the art shopping center in the city of Bani Yas, is on track with more than 85% of its works now completed.
BID plans on handing over the retail spaces to their tenants on December 2nd 2010, joining in on the celebrations for the UAE National Day. Tenants, apart from Carrefour Hypermarket which has already completed 65% of its fit out works, will then be able to commence their interior fit out operations, in preparation for the grand opening which will be held on the 3rd of March 2011 under the patronage of high profile delegates and in the presence of property owners and valued customers.
Commenting on the progress of construction, Wael Tawil, CEO of Baniyas Investment and Development Company said: "We are extremely happy with the considerable progress achieved at Bawabat Al Sharq Mall as we look forward to handing over the Mall's retail spaces to our tenants on December 2nd 2010, right on schedule. We have been very enthusiastic about partnering with our tenants and signing up with key players such as Carrefour Hypermarket, WANASA and Grand Cinemas, all of which will compliment the dynamic lifestyle that we intend to create in Bani Yas City."
Tariq Irfan, Vice President, Property Operations said, "Due to the mixed nature of its facilities and retail activities, Bawabat Al Sharq Mall will cater to the various needs of all age groups and segments of society. The mall will host over 339 prime retail shops and facilities spread across two floors and covering 70,000 square meters of gross leasable area; we expect Bawabat Al Sharq Mall to become the regional shopping hub and entertainment destination for the whole family."
The unique Bawabat Al Sharq Mall will also feature Souk Al Megnas, a distinctive traditional souk covering 4,500 square meters. Inspired from local culture, Souk Al Megnas will be a centre of attraction for a huge variety of customers and will cater to their diversified needs providing them with a unique shopping and dining experience through its coffee shops and restaurants, falconry and hawking collections shops, along with the traditional wear, jewellery, Arabic perfumes and souvenir shops.
Construction of the Mall has been overseen by Target Engineering Construction Company, while the Mall's interior design is lead by renowned Australian design firm, Saunders Global, and the interior fittings by Cloisall Co. L.L.C, one of the most prominent names in the UAE.
- HMC’s Engineering Department holds employee training certification ceremony
- HMC requires parents or guardians to be present during a medical assessment of their sick children
- How the other half live: 50 percent of Egypt's farmers own less than 15 percent of agricultural land
- Chinese car makers ready to manoeuvre the UAE market
- A scent of growth: perfume market hits $5 billion in the Middle East
- Bawabat Al Sharq Construction Makes Leading Progress; Reaches 30% completion
- 75% of Bawabat Al Sharq Mall leased
- Baniyas Investment and Development signs up Carrefour at Bawabat Al Sharq Mall
- Baniyas Investment and Development signs up Wanasa, Grand Cinema for Community Mall in Baniyas
- Abu Dhabi Municipality awards Al Jaber Group the infrastructure contract for Bawabat Al Sharq project