Dubai Cranes signs 3-year service contract with DEWA
Dubai Cranes & Technical Services, a subsidiary of Dubai Investments Industries (DII), the industry arm of Dubai Investments PJSC, has signed a 3-year contract with Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) for the service and maintenance of electric overhead traveling (EOT) cranes at DEWA power station complexes.
The contract was signed between Nasser M Lootah, Executive Vice President (Generation), DEWA, and Andrew Kay, General Manager of Dubai Cranes & Technical Services. Under the terms of the contract, Dubai Cranes will be responsible for the inspection, maintenance, testing and certification of 141 EOT cranes at DEWA power station complexes in Dubai and Jebel Ali.
"This is a significant win which reinforces our position as a leading manufacturer and service provider of overhead cranes in the Middle East," Andrew Kay said. "It's also in line with our strategic intent to further develop the crane service business."
"Dubai Cranes has, over the years, earned an excellent reputation for service quality and reliability. We regularly carry out rigorous safety inspections and preventive maintenance program to ensure the operability and efficiency of the equipment and eliminate any potential safety hazards. The maintenance status is continuously monitored, and all cranes are tested for critical component damage to determine any possible wear, deterioration or malfunction of the machinery," Kay added.
Dubai Cranes had recently completed delivery of 15 hot metal cranes for Emirates Aluminium (Emal) in Abu Dhabi as part of one of the largest EOT crane contracts in the UAE.
Dubai Cranes is one of the region's leading manufacturers of overhead material handling equipment and specializes in advanced lifting solutions and maintenance services. The company manufactures and delivers a comprehensive range of technologically advanced overhead material handling equipment - including wire rope hoists, industrial cranes, and explosion-proof cranes – used in almost all industries.
Dubai Cranes has technology partnerships with two of the foremost names in overhead crane and steel structure manufacturing - Street Crane, the UK's largest manufacturer of electric overhead traveling cranes, and Emirates Building Systems, one of the leading manufacturers of steel structures in the Middle East.
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- Oman sees steady upswing in fishing industry
- Breathe easier with LG Saudi Arabia’s new indoor ventilation system
- Careem offers discounts to riders headed to the gym!
- Ajman to add 150,000 housing units within next 3 years
- Dubai Cranes commences operations as Dubai Investment subsidiary
- Imdaad to provide Waste Management and Recycling Services to the world’s tallest building
- Emirates Islamic Bank to finance new residential tower project in Sharjah
- Dubai Investments Park Development Company signs AED 250 million syndicated loan agreement