Saudi shipping firms in strategic deal
Saudi Airlines Cargo and the National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia established a three-year agreement toward freighting NSCSA urgent goods and equipment through Saudia Cargo. This collaboration will play an important role in helping to strengthen both companies in the area of air and sea freight.
NSCSA CEO Saleh Bin Nasser Al-Jasser stated that the company was able to support its business deals by implementing exclusive local and international agreements with well established organizations due to the company’s profile and 30 years of experience in the area of sea freight. Furthermore, air and ground freight also worked as an intermediary for the transport of global shipments, a step which serves both parties.
Additionally, in 2011 NSCSA closed an exclusive deal with the Ministry of Defense to transport and ship all equipment and requirements etc. for 3 years. Saudia Cargo CEO Fahad Hammad said his company will employ its logistics potential to provide the high quality of service required in order to implement this important agreement. In particular, Saudia Cargo and NSCSA will work together to develop trade between Saudi Arabia and other countries through different types of transport services.
Saudi Airlines Cargo operates scheduled freighter services with 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 140 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations.
- UAE and China reach for the stars with MOU on outer space research
- United Airlines to end Washington-Dubai route: a case of sour grapes?
- Qatar seals $7.02 billion deal for French Rafale fighter jets
- A year later: how safe is flying after the Malaysian airlines' disasters?
- Nationalist glory or economic revival? Why Egyptians are rushing for two-way traffic in the Suez Canal
- Riyadh boycotts German firm for shipping Israeli products
- Saudi Arabia's National Shipping Company to buy four ships
- Saudi, French company win $2.2 billion deal to develop Riyadh's public transport
- An attempt to recover from Emirates' rejection? Airbus converts to islamic finance for leasing deals with UAE carriers
- Saudi Airlines Cargo strengthens European Sales Organization