Saudi shipping firms in strategic deal
Saudi Airlines Cargo and the National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia established a three-year agreement toward freighting NSCSA urgent goods and equipment through Saudia Cargo. This collaboration will play an important role in helping to strengthen both companies in the area of air and sea freight.
NSCSA CEO Saleh Bin Nasser Al-Jasser stated that the company was able to support its business deals by implementing exclusive local and international agreements with well established organizations due to the company’s profile and 30 years of experience in the area of sea freight. Furthermore, air and ground freight also worked as an intermediary for the transport of global shipments, a step which serves both parties.
Additionally, in 2011 NSCSA closed an exclusive deal with the Ministry of Defense to transport and ship all equipment and requirements etc. for 3 years. Saudia Cargo CEO Fahad Hammad said his company will employ its logistics potential to provide the high quality of service required in order to implement this important agreement. In particular, Saudia Cargo and NSCSA will work together to develop trade between Saudi Arabia and other countries through different types of transport services.
Saudi Airlines Cargo operates scheduled freighter services with 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 140 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations.
- Dubai plans for 25m visitors for World Expo 2020
- What is the GCC-wide rail project lacking? Apparently it's 'inspiration'
- Only 1% of Abu Dhabi population uses public transport
- Dubai tops public transportation affordability globally
- Can you believe GCC's aviation is set to outpace all counterpart sectors globally?!
- National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia reports $13.5 million in net profits
- With more privatization to come, Saudi Arabian airlines announces two IPO's
- Saudi Arabian Airlines set to privatize in 2014...at least partly
- No missed connection here: Saudia-Boeing sign partnership deal for defense, commercial aviation
- Saudi shipping firm posts $30 million profits in H1